I’m a coach, facilitator and consultant with experience drawn from a breadth of commercial roles. Formerly with one of the world’s leading software solution providers and consultancies, I’ve fulfilled roles in energy, utilities, financial services, government and outsourcing sectors. This means that I am able to relate to the realities of the modern organisational environment, supporting individuals and teams in goal-setting to help them see beyond their existing perceived constraints.
Talk to me about
- Coaching for individuals and teams
- Developing and running people performance management in your organisation
- Management development principles and practice
- Influencing styles and skills to help you tackle your most challenging hurdles
- How to get the best from your team
The Rungs On My Ladder
- Managing Director & Founder – Rathmhor Limited
- Global Communities Manager – Logica (now a part of CGI)
- Internal Coach & Coaching Community Leader – Logica
- Staff Manager & Resource Manager – Logica
- Project Manager – Logica
- Unix Systems Administrator – Logica
What I’ve Learnt So Far
- Now planning the upgrade of existing coach accreditations with Association for Coaching and ICF
- Thomas International TEIQ Emotional Intelligence certification, 2015
- Accredited PRISM Brain Mapping Practitioner, 2013
- ICF-designed coach supervisor qualification, 2008
- ICF-recognised coach training programme, accreditation awarded 2007
- BA (Hons) Accountancy and Computer Science, Heriot-Watt, 1992
- Three years running my own business…the bookkeeping part is the easy bit (see the Accountancy degree…) and engaging with participants is without exception the most rewarding.
- I’ve also learnt…that we are fully responsible for our own destiny and success, and boldly stating the goal in clear and measurable terms is a key step in achieving it.
My Stand Out Moments
- Launching and developing the business to a level which supports my beautiful family – supportive and inspirational wife Lisa, and sparky children, Eilidh, and James
- Leading Logica’s Coaching Community, following in the footsteps of an exemplary leader and continuing the great work she had begun
- Managing a complex office relocation between campuses for Logica in Aberdeen, relatively early in my career, with no downtime for any of our mission critical projects. The people aspects were more challenging and significant than the technology ones.
- Being a key part of the bid team which won a multi-million pound 10-year contract to support children’s services in Scotland, and securing a relocation “back home” to Edinburgh as a result.
- Co-founding and continuing to manage an online community for Lotus car enthusiasts in Scotland, now in its 16th year of existence. This has offered a fascinating study on human social behaviours which I’m able to relate to my work in personal development!
What Ignites My Fire
- Helping other people and seeing them succeed
- A challenging goal
- Anything that needs to be planned
- Light-bulb moments from delegates and coachees
- Driving my ageing Lotus Elise sports car through the wilderness and deserted roads of north-west Scotland
- Watching my children grow…and trying to keep up!
- Climbing Scottish mountains
- Mountain biking on single-track trails (but no Black Runs, please!)
The Light I Steer By
You make your own luck.