Shan has over 12 years experience operating at Executive and Board level as a Human Resources Director. Her experience has spanned different industry sectors, including Financial Services, Defence and Services.
Shan is passionate about supporting organisations in delivering pragmatic solutions that make the biggest difference to growth and transformation of business performance by growing great leadership, building a high performance culture and creating an environment for people to perform. Her strong strategic business focus makes a positive and immediate contribution to changing business environments.
Talk to me about
- Designing and/or assessing a People Strategy to ensure it delivers Business goals
- Creating the ‘right’ structure, roles, at the right cost with clear accountabilities
- Growing great leadership to create an environment where people are engaged and grow
- Support with the design of effective people policies, such as performance management and reward frameworks to support change
- Creating a great place to work by empowering people and challenging the unnecessary bureaucracy and red tape
- Growing talent and diversity
- Building HR contribution and capability
The Rungs On My Ladder
- Managing Director – Liverty HR
- Group HR Director – Atomic Weapons Establishment
- HR Director – Serco – Defence, Science and Nuclear
- HR Director – Aon Consulting
- Head of HR (Sales) – Sun Life of Canada
- HR Manager – Unilever
- HR Adviser- EASAMS (GEC Marconi)
- National Champion for Trauma – NHS voluntary role
What I’ve Learnt So Far
- Self-determination, resilience and courage have made me who I am today
- Never take others or life for granted, live everyday to the full, follow your dreams and never give up
- I have had the opportunity to work with some great CEOs, COOs, Commercial and Finance Directors, who have influenced my focus and delivery as an HRD and given me the strategic business focus I have today
- 25 years’ corporate experience and 12 years operating at Executive and Board level
My Stand Out Moments
- Gaining commitment and achieving alignment, from customer, shareholders and my Executive colleagues to invest in a corporate change programme which is now delivering significant business improvement and cultural change.
- Seeing people in the organisation with the freedom to challenge the status quo and remove unnecessary bureaucracy and changing the way work is worked.
- Delivering an organisation wide Leadership Development Programme which has generated lasting credibility and delivered marked improvements in leadership behaviour and performance.
- Sponsoring and presenting an award at the Women in Science and Engineering Awards and gaining leadership commitment to growing the diversity of female talent.
- Witnessing graduates in the Board Room, challenging the Executive team and contributing to business improvement.
- Working with one of the most talented Gen Y scientists who agreed to a secondment to the HR team for 9 months contributing to the transformation of HR.
- Inspiring, motivating and witnessing the results of coaching conversations and seeing people fly and have breakthrough results
- Defying all the odds by surviving a serious accident in January 2015 and making a miraculous recovery.
- Eternally grateful to the NHS for saving my life and privileged to be asked to become a National Champion for Trauma. I have had the opportunity to present my story within the NHS nationally and locally to make a difference to the treatment of other victims of serious trauma in the UK.
What Ignites My Fire
- Inspiring and challenging others to think and behave in a way that will make the biggest difference
- Seeing a change in business performance as a consequence of the people plan
- Seeing others fly and empowered to maximise their contribution
The Light I Steer By
Listen, be curious, have the self belief and the courage to do what is right.