A straight talking and down to earth “People” professional, with a talent for engaging with individuals and teams in a way that is both challenging and supportive. Mel is skilled in getting to the root cause of issues quickly in order to help people focus on the development that will make the difference for individuals, teams and whole organisations. Mel is passionate about being authentic and helping others do the same so they can be at their best by exploring their strengths and challenges. Mel thrives on driving results and helping others grow.
Talk to me about
- Growing exceptional leaders and Employee Engagement
- Cultural evolution to enhance challenging employee relations environments
- Enabling organisations to successfully support their people to adapt and change to the new opportunities and challenges facing their sector
- Organisational Design that supports the business strategy
- Impactful Performance Management
The Rungs On My Ladder
- Managing Director- Shine and Rise Ltd
- Employee Engagement Manager (EMEA) – American Express
- L&D Manager (EMEA) – American Express
- HR Business Partner Manager (EMEA) – American Express
- HR OFFICER (Employee Relations) – Ford Motor Company
What I’ve Learnt So Far
- Level A&B BPS accreditation in psychometric testing
- MBTI and WAVE Accredited
- Advanced Diploma in Coaching
- Master Practitioner in NLP
- BA (Hons) Business Studies
- 21 years of transformational change in global and local contexts, private and public sector organisations
My Stand Out Moments
- Being a key team member in driving challenging and fundamental change in one of the UK’s oldest institutions. We proved the cynics wrong by cultivating new behaviours and accepted norms, ensuring that the organisation was commercially viable for the future.
- Being selected from a large group of consultants to run a deeply transformational leadership and change programme in one of the world’s most prestigious telecoms companies. Supporting and coaching delegates through deep change enabled a stronger leadership community.
- Working with political advisors at the European Parliament in Brussels to help them understand the power and importance of leadership and performance management.
- Working with senior leaders in a nationally prominent council to enhance skills to tackle budget cuts, whilst still adding value and building engagement across the organisation.
- Facilitating at the University of Michigan, Ross School of Management on their Executive Education ‘Positive Leadership’ programme.
- Having two daughters who remind me how much joy and fun there is in the world.
- Travelling light around the world for 12 months and being open to new experiences.
What Ignites My Fire
- Taking on challenging projects, where both I and the client have a huge learning curve
- Helping people identify what they care about so they can choose where they are most powerful
- Engaging with people at a human level so they are able to push their own boundaries to succeed
- Helping leaders understand their impact on others and how this can influence organisational success
- Writing creatively with my writing buddy – creating new worlds!
- Socialising and having fun with friends and family.
The Light I Steer By
Be clear of your purpose. This is light that shines the way to your personal version of success. Your version of success in the only one that matters.