A curious, honest, collaborative and action-oriented professional. Karen blends together commercial understanding, experience working in highly pressurised environments and an innate desire to support and empower people to create positive and impactful behaviour change. She is dedicated to building long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships based on trust and to helping you achieve personal and organisational success. With vast experience working with a range of FTSE 250 companies and SME’s in all sectors, Karen is equipped to work across every organisational layer. With an inherent sales leadership capability, she has successfully managed Account Directors, Account Managers and Administrative Support teams. Karen brings energy, positivity and realism to conversations to drive results.
Talk to me about
- Your individual and organisational goals and challenges.
- Ensuring you have a talented pipeline of leaders.
- I’m here to listen and together we can determine the right way forward to address your needs.
- Working with my fantastic team we will then translate that plan into action!
The Rungs On My Ladder
- Independent volunteer in Central America – Entrepreneurs Association of Belize
- Head of Sales & Executive Coach – QA Ltd
- Account Director – QA Ltd
- Account Director – InterQuad
What I’ve Learnt So Far
- Psychometric Practitioner
- Diploma in Coaching & Mentoring (EMCC)
- BSc (Hons) Experimental Psychology
- 15 Years of highly successful, consultative sales performance and sales leadership
- I’ve also learnt that the strength of the human spirit is a wonderful thing. From working in a developing country it has taught me that courage, accountability, positivity and resilience are instrumental in overcoming any adversity.
My Stand Out Moments
- Co-founding the Entrepreneurs Association of Belize. Being privileged to witness the transformation of our students as they confidently launched their new enterprise.
- Sharing in my client’s joy when they have over exceeded expectations and delivered immense value to their organisation.
- Being responsible for winning and managing the first ‘Managed Learning Service’ in the organisation.
- Proudly taking my sales team from a revenue contribution of £3m to £11m in 3 years.
- Successfully managing the integration of a sales community following 2 business acquisitions. Building a framework and a supportive culture to ensure the team remained motivated, engaged and that business performance was unaffected during a period of ambiguity and change.
- Launching the organisations first mentoring scheme and instilling a coaching approach to management.
- Standing exhausted and exhilarated on the summits of Mount Kilimanjaro and the Himalayas, shoulder to shoulder with my team mates (inevitably uttering the immortal last words ‘never again’)!
What Ignites My Fire
- Helping my clients deliver value.
- Seeing people take ownership and succeed.
- Pushing through my comfort zone and encouraging and supporting others to do the same.
- That ‘light bulb’ moment during a coaching conversation.
- Building supportive, trusted and enduring relationships that allow the opportunity to challenge, to question and to explore.
- Travelling; visiting new places and embracing new cultures.
- Chasing the ‘adrenalin rush’ – from flying a plane, jumping out of a plane, climbing mountains, to hang-gliding, parasailing and bungee-jumping.
- Making new friends, laughing with old friends, having real conversations, playing netball, running, consuming good food and good wine (in any order)!
The Light I Steer By
“Make a radical change in your lifestyle and begin to boldly do things which you may previously never have thought of doing, or been too hesitant to attempt. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.’’
― Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild